Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Natural Hair Blues: Preserving the Straight


Since I do not straighten my hair often, my hair isn't "trained" to stay straight, nor do I want it to. However, when I do get my hair straightened, I like to last more than a couple hours. In the past, I could never get my straightened hair to last past a day let alone a week. So, I was very surprise that my hair made it this far and still is holding up in this humidity. 

This time I decided to try one of my line sister's ideas for trying to preserve the straight hair. She suggested using rollers for those who do not want to use heat again on their already straightened hair. Before, I would try to wrap my hair like I did back in high school (total fail), by the end of the day my hair would be a big poof. I tried her method instead and loved how my hair came out. I didn't even comb out the curls, I just let them fall. As the day went on they curls began to get bigger and but not too crazy looking.

The Night Before
The Results

Before Walking Outside
After Walking Outside

What techniques or styles do you ladies like to do to make your straight hair last longer?

4 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of sleeping in bantu knots when I wear my hair straight. It can be pretty uncomfortable, but it gives my hair a cute beach waves look. I also add just a dab of coconut oil on my hair before I do the knots. I find that for me, this helps preserves the straight hair a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to try bantu knots on my hair while it was straight. I love how they come out on other people. I have yet to have a successful turnout on mine though.

      Also, putting oil on my hair helps me as well. I don't use too much just a few sprays does the trick for me.

      Delete
  2. Love it! Yep rollers and pin curls are always my go to. I use different sizes, typically the big ones so my hair is still straight but with body

    ReplyDelete